Tuesday, July 26, 2011
I’ve had my mama give me a hard time for a while about having her a grandbaby. Nevermind the fact that there is no guy in the picture…she just wants a grandkid. And I understand her point, a lot of the women her age already have a few grandkids…she just seems to have a slacker as a daughter. After my mama had cancer, I cannot tell y’all the kind of guilt that I felt for not having a child at a young age for her to enjoy. That thought was always in my head. Not that I was ready to have a child, but I felt a lot of guilt because of it. She got better and I thought “whew, I have time…”
Last week, I had a guy who loves to give me a hard time come in the Journal. After picking on me for like 10 minutes he made the statement “Well, I know now why you aren’t married.” Kidding or not, I wanted to say “You don’t know crap about my personal life, so shut the hell up.”
Tonight was the kicker. I had someone tell my mama that it might give some people close to me something to live for if I would get with the program already and have a baby.
There’s probably no sense in telling y’all that this is a sore subject. The comment tonight really hurt, though.
On a side note, I’m asking y’all to say a little prayer for my family. We’re having a hard time right now, and can use all the prayers we can get.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
I do pretty much this same post every once-in-a-while, talking about my new favorite things. So here’s my newest loves.
1. Mac computers. I’m obsessed…and just as soon as I pay off my car (September…I think??) and pay off my small student loan, I will be purchasing one.
2. Blow pops. I bought a huge bag of candy for my Sunday School class quite a while ago, and needless to say, they haven't seen any of the blow pops.
3. Big hair accessories. This has been a love of mine for quite a while…but it’s had staying power.
4. Will and Kate. I’m a little ashamed to admit that this has been one of my biggest obsessions as of late. But about a month before the wedding, I got hooked. And now, because she is well on her way to becoming a huge fashion icon, I am still hooked. I just love them. And they seem so happy…and Lord knows, that family needs some happiness (or at least to smile more than once a year).
5. Stud earrings. I’m fickle about my earrings. I will be crazy about big hoops, or big, dangly earrings for a little while, then I’ll switch it up and go back to a love of studs. I just have these phases. But I’m stuck on studs right now.
6. The movie Bridesmaids. I. LOVE. THIS. MOVIE. I went to see it twice in theaters…and if I’m completely honest with myself, I probably would’ve went to see it several more times. I haven’t laughed that hard with a movie in a while.
7. All things nautical. I went on Etsy (another love of mine) the other day and found SO many nautical things that I wanted. My wish list varied from little girl crab hairbows (which screamed Allie Claire and Madison) to little boy crab beanies (which screamed Whitt) to an anchor necklace to an anchor wedding cake topper (which I may never find use for). I just love them.
8. Dark fingernail polish, which has been an obsession of mine for quite some time.
9. Mascara. I swear, I must paint ten coats of mascara on my lashes every day. But I have a specific brand I use now, and no other brand seems to compare.
10. Writing. I have been writing up a storm lately…which makes me very happy.
11. Dentyne Pure gum (the green pack). I am a chain chewing, two-pack-a-day-er. Mr. Mark winces every time he sees my trash cans.
12. My Karter Lee. I never thought I’d be a dog person…but I just LOVE this dog. She’s a mess and spoiled rotten.
13. Southern Living Magazine. Their travel section. Their food section. I just love it.
14. My new Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake. So what if it has a little bit of Bailey's Irish Cream in it... :) It is delicious!
15. Southern Living: Off the Eaten Path by Morgan Murphy--technically this is a book (and my fave book list is listed below)...but it's a cookbook/travel book, so it's different. This combines two of my favorite things and it's awesome. A great gift idea for anyone who is a foodie that loves to travel.
Favorite TV shows currently:
Monday Night: All worked up on TruTV…I love the Lizard Lick crew. They crack me up.
Tuesday Night: Pretty Little Liars. Every week, it keeps me hooked.
Wednesday Night: Hot in Cleveland. Who doesn't love Betty White??
Thursday Night: Swamp People… I have quickly fallen in love with this show. The guys are amazing and I totally have a crush on Joe. I'm also dying to get a shirt (in honor of Troy) that says "Choot em.'"
Friday Night: Swamp Loggers. Poor Bobby can’t catch a break, but he seems to take it all in stride.
And yes, I do watch far too much T.V.
Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews—I love her writing, and I finished this book in a day. I couldn’t put it down.
Summer in the South by Cathy Holton--Again, I couldn’t put this book down. Such a good story.
Well, folks, that’s all the favorites that I can think of right now. Toodle-doo!