2008 has been a crazy year for me. I have learned many things...lessons that I will take into 2009. Here are a few.
1. Never buy into a one-sided story.
2. When driving a golf cart...watch out for turkeys on a leash.
3. Thank God for your quirks...they are what set you apart.
4. Be thankful for every friendship that you have.
5. Never take one second that you have with a loved one for granted, they might not always be around.
6. If you are going to buy shrimp...make sure that you have a cooler...and ice.
7. You should only have a pity party for 1 night. That's it. After that, you need to realize that there are plenty of people worse off than you.
8. You can be as mean as you want to,...as long as you do nice things for people anonomously.--You have to do it anonomously, otherwise no one will think you really did it :-)
9. Sometimes your "soulmate" is someone that you can never be with. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Sometimes it's better to have a comfortable companionship as opposed to a hot romance.
10. Make time to laugh about things. Silly things. And if you can't come up with anything, try laughing at yourself.
With those being listed, here are my resolutions for 2009. I'm going to try to become a nicer person. I know, whoever (if anyone) is reading this is probably laughing. I am a bit witchy...but hey, people can change...right? I am also going to attempt to do random acts of kindness. I will try not to have such a "potty" mouth. I realized recently that I cuss like a sailor. So, I've gotta quit. And finally, the obvious. I need to go back on my diet. Bleh. I was doing so good...for about three weeks in September. Then, I fell off the wagon and gained again.
Well, I'll think about all this tomorrow. There's 365 days to work on all of this. Ever the procrastinator...