So, I haven’t blogged in a few weeks. Figured I would today. Y’all, there has been so much going on, I feel like I’m in a whirlwind.
Let me catch y’all up on a few things.
1. I became a Sunday School helper. Yay! Verrrry un-Aleta, but actually I’m excited about it. I really like the kids that we’re teaching (also very un-Aleta :) I don’t know, but it’s nice to be involved in things again. I’ve spent 4 years not having a Sunday School class, not really feeling like I belonged there…So I’m really loving it. I also like the whole accountability thing. Like there are things that I just won’t do anymore because I would feel like I’m not being a good role model.
2. Mama is halfway done with treatments. Yay. And she’s doing really well.
3. I am apparently becoming Hester Prynne in some people’s eyes. Though I did not have an affair with a minister and I’m NOT pregnant. It’s more the guilty by association thing. And the thing is, I don’t even know what the people that I’m “associated with” have done. And I don’t particularly want to know. I want to stay out of all the drama. I don’t need it.
Now, there is probably is much more going on that I just can’t think of right this moment, and later I will kick myself for not including…but I’m moving on to my rants of the week/month/year.
1. I wish people would realize that if I’m reading a book, please DON’T try to start up a conversation.
2. I’m changing my name. I hear it so often now, I seriously want to change it. “Aleta, do you….?” “Aleta, what do you think?” “Aleta, could you come here…?” Y’all get my drift. My name has been worn out.
3. For the love of Pete, I hate when people ask me a question and then interrupt me. Really? And on that same note, I hate when people interrupt other people while they are talking. It’s just rude.
4. Why is it when you think that you’ve gotten someone out of your life that they come back in and (possibly) sing you a song? Leave me be! Do you have radar?? Do you get signals when I am forgetting about you and think to yourself “Hmmmm…must come back in her life somehow?” ARGGGHHH!
5. I HATE when people blatantly lie to me. WTH? Just tell me the truth for Pete’s sake. It’s not that complicated.
6. As Jo Dee Messina put it “My give a D*** is busted”. Seriously. I know that this sounds completely awful, but I’ve had it. For some reason I have the “unburden your soul to me” effect on people. I hear about all their crap day after day after day. I can’t constantly be a encouraging person. I don’t have it in me to be that way 24/7. I just can’t do it. I can’t uplift 4 people at a time. Give me one person with a problem and I can listen and help…but I can’t do that with 4 people all at once. I. Yi. Yi.
On a similar note.
7. Have you ever heard someone like this… “Well, I know that I need to do this,…but if I do it than blah blah blah will happen. So I don’t know. But if I don’t do something different I’m going to go nuts…But then again…” and so on and so on. I know I have been guilty of this too…but crap, just do something already!! You could spend years talking about it. Just freaking do it. Wishy-washy is not a good place to be. And it’s not fun to hear about. And it’s not fun to be involved in. And if you’re not going to do it…then, freakin accept it and move on….Enough with the rants….moving on…
Weird event of the day:
An odd couple (that apparently once tried to sue Hitchcocks) come in with their 40ish year-old slow son….he seems semi-intelligent, but just one of those weird kids that never quite grows up. His brain is there, but he’s just got NO social skills….Chris is helping them at the counter. The son comes over and stands by my screen. He’s just standing there, looking, not at my face….(I’m wearing a low-cut shirt)…and he starts saying…while looking me over…
“This is a nice place to work. It’s just like I like it…Silent. I hate having people pester me while I’m trying to do things. Maybe I’m half Japanese or something. With nobody pestering you you can focus on what you’re doing and not make as many mistakes.”
I politely agree…then look back at my computer and start typing.
“Yeah, this is a really nice place. So quiet. I do hate people pestering me.”
I nod and look back at my computer.
“I also hate being surprised. Yeah, when it’s quiet, you can focus on what you’re doing.”
Me: “Yeah, you sure can.” (Give him a bug-eyed crazy look then look back at my computer).
Someone else walks in. I go to help them. As I’m helping him. The guy comes up and says. “Yep, thirty years ago, my mom went into a quiet office and they hired her on the spot and immediately put her to work.”
You are pestering me, you weirdo!