Last Thursday afternoon, KW and I were chompin’ at the bits. In fact, Krystle barreled herself at my car as I drove up to pick her up. To say we were ready to get out of Chiefland and Trenton for the weekend would be an understatement.
Blue Bessie (my car) seemed to drive herself up to the panhandle. “She” knows the way very well. Since 2007, I have been going up there at least 3 times a year. Carrabelle has become one of my favorite places to visit. It’s slow pace, it has beautiful beaches, and you couldn’t find sweeter more interesting people. If any of you that read my blog haven’t been through that area, you’re really missing out.
Anyways, as I may have previously mentioned, KW and I had been set to go in March but plans changed. So, we’d decided to push it off until the end of April. The Riverfront Festival was going to be that weekend, so it worked out nicely.
Before we left, I sent KW the Rules for the weekend. I will give y’all a shortened version.
Rules for girl’s weekend
2. We will take time to relax and possibly sleep late, if there are no waterfalls behind our wall at 7 a.m.
3. We won’t think about the future (i.e. work, moving, college, etc)…we’ll just live in the here and now this weekend.
4. I will not lose my underwear at the inn…again.
2. There will be no swimming in our underwear…again.
3. And there will be no texting guys to ask them to come and cuddle (shameful, plum shameful).
But other than that…have a great time! (props to whoever caught that this line was from “The Shag” movie)
**rules are subject to change**
So, we drove into town on Thursday night. I came awful close to crawling out of my car and kissing the ground once we got there. Three full days of fun. When we got into our room, we found that the visitor before us had went fishing and put his catches of the day in our refrigerator,…the fish weren’t there, but their odor remained. Quite a stinky find at 8 p.m., I can tell you.
Our first night there, we just drove around town and visited the beach. The next day, we ran around and met with some of our friends in town before trucking off to Port St. Joe. It was really nice seeing everyone. Now, we’d never been to Port St. Joe, so we wanted to do some exploring. We ate at this little place, Joe Mama’s pizza.
After lunch, we went into all the little stores and shopped around. Port St. Joe is a neat little town worth visiting.
And the boats
The St. George Island Lighthouse
It was hard to leave Carrabelle. Every time I leave, it makes me depressed for a few days. I always miss the people that we meet, the beautiful atmosphere, and the carefree attitudes that we have while we’re there. When we came home we had some big decisions to make, so that carefree attitude had to end…
But we did have a blast. And we ARE going back, as soon as we can :)
To finish this off…I better put the things I learned this weekend:
1. Not every jiffy store carries ginger ale. However, I have mapped out every one that does.
2. Some people believe themselves to be the next big philosopher after they’ve been drinking for a little while.
3. Apparently, according to a new friend, Acid is the only drug that’s not detectable by a drug test (wish you could’ve seen my face when she told me this). :)
4. The cleaning lady/front desk lady at the Franklin Inn is so sweet. And she needs a raise for having to clean out our nasty refrigerator.
5. Never to let KW “help” me measure the hem for her dress :) hooch :-P Love ya!..speaking of dresses…
6. Pillowcase dresses + wind= problem.
7. When you go into a restaurant, and don’t find anything that you want to eat, it’s fine to just walk out…lol