Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Constant Battle

“I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn’t one I’ll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it’s worth it.”
—Elizabeth Wurtzel

I absolutely hate days like today. I got up, got dressed (begrudgingly) and went off to work. I literally sat at my desk for 2 ½ hours trying to focus. Sadly, once again, I have found myself in my little dark hole that I cannot seem to hoist my ever-growing bum out of.

It’s honestly the strangest thing ever. You can be perfectly fine one day and seem to be doing ok and handling things well, but then some days you just don’t feel that you will ever be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

See, other people might feel that they have the right to criticize me or cut me down. They never realize that I’m my toughest critic. Most days, I hate things about myself more than anyone else could.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're great! Whatever you're going through, I hope it gets better soon...

    ReplyDelete