Thursday, November 18, 2010

The grandbaby craze has hit the Sheffield home…

Last night, my mama was watching America’s Funniest Home Videos (which we love at our house). I walked out of the room for a minute, when I walked back in, mama goes “They were just showing ways people told their parents that they were going to be grandparents. I’ve never seen so much screaming and carryin’ on. But I guess I’d probably do the same…If I ever GOT a grandbaby.”

Hint taken. I said jokingly, “Well, I guess I’ll just work on gettin’ knocked up.” (Again, I said this JOKINGLY.)…

She didn’t dispute it.

I texted KW and told her. She said “Tell her that she’ll have to take on more of a role than just ‘Grandma’ if you’re having to raise the baby alone.”

I told her this.

She still didn’t dispute it.

Now, I’d like to think that it was just because she had just gotten herself into a heated game of solitaire…but I’m beginning to wonder.

It’s official, my mama wants a grandbaby…and soon. Lol. Anyone want to loan her a baby for the day? I’m not planning on becoming a mom anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. So funny. Tell her she can borrow Gus, that will change her mind. Knowing him though he'd be really sweet and your plan would backfire!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....I suppose you could start trying to have a baby, just so you keep track of who "da baby's daddy" is.

    ReplyDelete