Saturday, April 4, 2009

Semi-blown up...

Well, I was at it again today. I decided to make a batch of double-fudge fantasy bars for my friend Krystle who had surgery yesterday. (BTW, I hope that the brownies put her on the fast-track to recovery very soon…I’m sending her sunshine-y thoughts as I write this :)). In making these brownies, I first realized that there was a small problem when my blend of egg, oil, and brownie mix wound up looking more clumpy than crumbly…but that didn’t stop me. Then, I mixed the condensed milk in with the white chocolate chips and put them in the microwave. I cooked it for 45 secs…hoping they would melt. Nope. Put them in for 20 more secs. Nope. Then, I remembered that I hadn’t mixed in the vanilla extract. Put the vanilla extract in and stuck it back in the microwave for a few more secs. Yeah,….it blew up in the microwave. Here’s what the microwave looked like. (The circle was where the pot had been)





Here’s what the brownies looked like finished…


Another thing that I would like to mention is…Sandra Lee has her own magazine now!!! Sandra Lee (Semi-Homemade) is one of my favorite people on Food Network (Maybe it's because she always takes time for "Cocktail Time,"--and y'all if I'm cooking, I need a drink...I can tell you). As I mentioned previously, I don’t watch a ton of the shows on Food Network, but I do love Sandra Lee, The Neeleys, and Paula (of course, y’all!!! Haha). Anyways, I was looking for a Scrapbooking magazine at Walgreens today…couldn’t find one…but I stumbled across her magazine. It is WONDERFUL!!! It has recipes, home decorating ideas, and great table setting ideas. I particularly loved the decorating ideas. There were so many things that were so simple, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of it. There are so many ideas in there that are cheap and easy to make. So y’all should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment