Thursday, January 10, 2013

Best Love Letter

So, in my blogging, I had a request the other day. At the time, I kind of scoffed at the idea. I was asked to write about LOVE…While there are SO many things that can be written on that topic, I just was really not feeling it at the time.


Tonight as I sat here thinking of Valentines Day being right around the corner, I got an idea…

My mama and my best friend, Krystle’s, mama (Mrs. Katie) were friends in high school. Mama always had a crazy Katie story to tell me when I was growing up. She once told me of how she did a strip tease in class (she had put her newly-finished Home Ec garment over her regular clothes, but she liketa given the teacher a bloomin’ heart attack); she told me about the time Mrs. Katie had hidden in class, and the let the other student’s tell the teacher she’d crawled through a hole to get to the boys’ bathroom; and the time Mrs. Katie had written the mushiest love letter…

This got me to thinking…I’m going to turn Mr. Jeff’s idea about me writing about love on to y’all. And in doing so, I will have my first-ever, bona fide contest.

I’m giving y’all a month. I want the best love letter ever. Now, it can be mushy, it can be funny, it can be whatever y’all want (minus any explicit material…because I just don’t want to have to read all of that). And on February 11th, I will pick a winner and post your love letter on my blog.

What do you win, you ask?? I will bake you a dessert for you and your sweetheart to share. And I will throw in a $25 gift certificate to the Ivy House.

You can email me: missmargarita8604@yahoo.com or on facebook.

Now, y’all get to thinkin’…I’m super excited about this…

I will leave y’all with my favorite love letter quote ever, (Thanks, Mrs. Katie!!)

“When I see you, everything on me that’s rubber pops and rolls…”

No comments:

Post a Comment