Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Things Chappin' my butt in 2013

Well, it’s 2013, and people are already workin’ my last nerve. Here are just a few things that are chappin’ my broad butt right now:


• For the love of Snooki, I wish people would put a dang “lol” or two in an email when they’re joking. Now, granted, the lack of voice inflection in a text/email/IM has gotten me in some real doozies. And I have unintentionally upset more than a handful of people that way. Now, having been on the other side of that for…oh, say six months. I can COMPLETELY understand! OMG, if you’re joking, clue this girl in. My word, I’m beginning to expect a dour robot when I run into you on the street.

• Perky people. Let me just say, my New Year’s Resolution was NOT to become a nicer, friendlier, more bubbly person. I will never pop out of bed and be Little Miss Sunshine. In fact, my mama will always call me her Little Raincloud. :) hahaha.

• So, y’all might’ve taken note that I sometimes, maybe, kinda have a problem keeping my mouth shut, right? You might have also noted that I also sometimes think that inappropriate things are hilarious; and given the opportunity, I also tend to add some “spice” to my sentences….(I also like to think of them as “sentence enhancers”). Well, dear Lord, as much as I try to make people laugh on facebook, I still get some criticism for language or the things I say. I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s fine. But if you don’t find humor in my day to day life and postings, either hide me, or delete me. Sad but true.

• Men. I’ll probably have much more to say on this subject in an upcoming blog.

• Holy Mimosas, I am already sick of people talking about their diets. Lord, if you want to diet, go right ahead. I’m trying to make some changes my own self, but goodness gracious, that’s not the only thing I can talk about, either. Despite what you might think, I don’t have to hear all you ate for breakfast, or hear about your not-so-appetizing lunch. And I especially don’t have to try your new, wonderful side dish that’s only 50 calories a serving. That’s awesome and all…but don’t tell me how wonderful it is. I’d probably need 5 servings to fill me up, and besides, it tastes like slime on seaweed.

I’ve got more irritations to come. However, this is only the 2nd day of 2013, so if I complain too much, y’all might find me to be a crusty old lady :) And “ain’t nobody got time for dat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment