Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall, Fall, will you ever get here??

As we are in the midst of the Dog Days of summer, it has been hot (when the sun was actually shining), muggy, nasty, wet, …and of course, HUMID.

My hair is hating this weather. I got it cut last week, and have only been able to really style it once. This damp nastiness that has been our weather now for an entire couple of weeks now has completely ruined my hair. I walk around looking like I have a white woman ‘fro. It’s terrible, I tell ya.

So, that being said, I would like to discuss something far more pleasant…Fall.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. From September to the end of November, I am in heaven.

Things that Fall brings…

1. Better weather. (Can I get an Amen??) Cooler weather. Cannot wait.

2. The desire to scrapbook and watch HGTV. I don’t know why it is, but my desire for both of these things is exponentially amplified during the fall months.

3. Pumpkins. I LOVE Pumpkins. I love decorations, centerpieces, etc with them, and I love to eat pumpkin. Pumpkin pies, pumpkin cake and my new favorite cake “Pumpkin Hallelujer” (said in true Madea fashion).

4. Better clothes. The ¾ length over shirts being my favorite. Jeans, another big favorite. Some may say, “Why couldn’t you wear them during the summer?” One simple response, “I sweat like a menopausal woman.” I don’t why it is, but over at my desk seems to be the hottest place in the Journal. I seem to be hot all the time.

5. The Warm colors. Reds, oranges, deep purple, yellows. I love them all.

Now that I am practically drooling thinking about fall, I’d better end this.

Dear Fall,

Please come soon. Summer is about to get the best of me.

Aleta

3 comments:

  1. Amen, Amen, Amen! I love it too! Just the smell in the air is wonderful. I'm ready:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bout Hallelujer (said in true Madea) is one of my fave expressions... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl--I put my summer candles away today and pulled out my pumpkin spice ones!

    ReplyDelete